Here’s a short vid showing the creation of a character head in Mudbox, starting from the default base head.
The video is time lapsed to focus on important points, and I narrate the process as well.
Head Sculpting process
- start using the Grab and Wax brushes to reshape the low-res mesh.
- use a brush with sharp falloff to create fine details.
- subdivide the mesh when that sharp brush creates pixelated or aliased results on the surface of the sculpt.
- add surface detail with the Spray or Repeat brushes (make sure to use a new sculpt layer).
- add asymmetry at the end, on it’s own sculpt layer.